Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Book Review: Quotable Canine (dogs, photography, famous quotes)


The Quotable Canine, Jim Dratfield and Paul Coughlin (Bantam Doubleday Dell Publishing, 81 pages, 1995, $20)


If you love sepia-toned photographs (and who doesn’t), you will love this book – the photos fit the quotes simply superbly and some quotes are quotes that you are familiar with but want to remember.

From Odgen Nash (“A door is what a dog is perpetually on the wrong side of.”) to Churchill to Shakespeare to Marx (Groucho, that is), from humorous photos to serious photos, this small coffee table book of brown and paisley has it all.

I was also thinking these photos might make memorable postcards, when I decided I had better check to see if the book, published in 1995, is still available – it is – and so is a selection of notecards from the book.  How cool is that coincidence?

Both authors have gone on to produce other canine photography collections and, lo and behold, when I went to www.petography.com, I saw a magnet and note card I just purchased at a local store!

No comments:

Post a Comment