Saturday, April 20, 2019

Book Review: No (children's picture book)


No, by Claudia Rueda (Groundwood, 2010, 40 pages, $18.95, 2-5 years, pre-school to kindergarten)



Oh, my, now I have four most favorite books to read to my dog. Yes, you heard right – to read to my dog. (But I listen, too.)


No?

No? What kind of a title is that?


The cover gives us a little bear against a snowy sky. Inside, the little bear follows his mama bear. It is fall and Mama is ready to take a long winter’s nap, but little bear is not! Definitely not!

Little bear wants to play. He has some berries stored away and is very strong and loves snow and thinks storms are fun. Until. . . . and when he returns to their den, his words to Mama are priceless (and I’ll be your child will act the same way!)

Another lovely book of few words: the pictures do most of the talking - all 125 of them. But the words may not be needed because the illustrations tell the story.

We simply love this little story!

No comments:

Post a Comment