Monday, May 16, 2016

EverythingDogBlog: "Now Go And Play!" Part One, A new treat pouch to love

New ‘Treat Bag’ Found at Conference!

I recently attended my professional dog trainers’ annual educational conference and trade show: I came back refreshed, educated and rarin’ to go out and train dogs better.

I had used one particular brand of treat pouch (bait bag) for perhaps 10 years. I have tried others but kept coming back to the original even though the material eventually wore out, the pocket began to smell and stain, and the hinge would break after a couple of years.

I don’t like the drawstring pouches, however, because I forget to snug them together before I bend down and, inadvertently spill all the goodies, much to my dog's delight.

For some reason, at the trade show, I stopped by the EzyDog (Now Go And Play!) booth and purchased one of their treat pouches, the SnakPak treat pack, and, boy, am I hooked – not just on the treat pouches but also on several EzyDog items (see future blogs).

I like the smaller size of the EzyDog treat pouch and parts of it shine in the dark! It also has a secret key chain attachment (secret because I didn’t realize it was there for several days) inside the smaller zippered compartment. I use it for the poop bag holder.

Rewarding Your Dog Has Never Been Easier!

The Snak Pak has a magnetic closure (two magnets with a pull tab) and the always necessary belt (waist strap) for me but also belt hooks if you are that kind of person.

A large pocket holds treats and a smaller one in front has a zipper that I stash business cards in - or you could put coins and currency (if you have any) for an emergency. Or perhaps a phone – not sure about that since I have a flip phone, big and bulky.

And, the pocket liner can be pulled up to be wiped off! So my SnakPak will last and last.

Can You Keep a Secret?


I like the smaller size of the EzyDog treat pouch and parts of it shine in the dark! It also has a secret key chain attachment (secret because I didn’t realize it was there for several days) inside the smaller zippered compartment. I use it for the poop bag holder.


Really Red, or Blaze Orange, Basic Blue or Very Black

And the SnakPak comes in red (with gray, black and white bits)! Hmmmm, it also comes in orange.I really should branch out and get something a bit different – like the orange one.

Disadvantage: I found one of the waist belt ends to come out of its material “stop” too easily but now I tie it in a knot which is loose enough to be able to change the waist size (over a sweatshirt, e.g.) and yet taut enough to hold securely.

Value:  Not inexpensive but worth it. Plus it’s an Idaho company. Comes in red, orange, blue and black (did I say that already?).


“Now go and play!” as EzyDog says.


CAVEAT: DogEvals purchases products for review unless otherwise stated.

Next: The Extra Hand You Need!

No comments:

Post a Comment