Thursday, June 25, 2020

Product Evaluation: Bait Bag or Treat Pouch?

Bait Bag or Treat Pouch?

Do you call it a bait bag or a treat pouch? I usually say ‘bait bag’ but if I’m around a new dog training/behavior client, I may call it a ‘treat pouch.’

I have purchased probably every kind, every size, every color that exists and still prefer one or two models, depending on my purpose.

Pocket Pouch by WoofHoof



WoofHoof spells treats, TRETS: T for Trust, R for Respect, E for Empathy, T for Teamwork, and S for Success. That’s something nice to keep in mind.

More than 10 years ago I came across a dog treat pouch from WoofHoof at a dog trade show. Loved the burgundy color and the magnetic closure but it clipped on to my waistband, which I never got used to and it also had a large flap covering the opening. It comes in seven colors. I’ll have to see if I can find it now, after falling in love with this little treat pouch by WoofHoof.

When WoofHoof came out with a model that had a built-in box clicker I wanted to get one to try but life intervened (meaning: I procrastinated) and I no longer see it on the website, WoofHoof.com (easy to remember). However, it’s coming back – can’t wait!

Recently, however, I saw WoofHoof has a pocket pocket for a few treats that just fit into the front pocket of your jeans or sweatpants and hook on with an incredibly strong magnet. Love the colors so much that I bought the whole set of five!

I used the WoofHoof for walking a dog: it holds just a few treats which is all I need – one for the first pee and two for every poop plus a few if we run into a dog that causes a ruckus. (If you treat every pee, you may end up with a dog who marks, just for the treats! This also slows down the walk, as if it weren’t slow enough with a ‘nosey’ canine.)



I love my black WoofHoof the most - and it’s washable! Woo, Hoo! I just put it in my pocket, ensure the magnet is engaged and don’t even feel it is there. So much so that it stays there all day, even when I am not ‘dogging.’ The leftover kibble I add to my dog’s next meal.

I love my hot pink and cool brown pocket-pockets. The item also comes in purple and blue, which I have given as gifts. A good fashion bargain at $14.95 too. I suppose one could even use it to stash a key or pocket money or credit cards!*

What would I change? First, I’d like someone to show me how to position it without losing treats – if I insert it into my pocket so only the cute tab shows it is at an angle and I am so afraid that I will leak treats. If I position it perfectly upright, part of the pocket sticks out. And I would love it to have a magnetic closure – many’s the time I have put my hand in MY pocket to get a non-existent treat instead of reaching into the Pouch Pocket’s pocket where the treats are.

Just call me a fashionable klutz. It may be best-for-me to try it in a back pocket, too. Now I just have to fit into those jeans!

“Insert Treats Above”

WoofHoof also carries a dog tag cover so you and your dog can match. (The Peace Tag in eight colors and nine designs [paw print, deer, “Rescued,” “Bonkers for Balls,” “Squirrel Patrol,” tiara, “My Little Devil,” “Insert Treats Above,” or “The Cat Did It, at $6.95)
Batik dog collars at only $13.95 and a product line for horse people (I may just get the cell phone case!), which includes a lovely, lovely T-shirt for $14.95 (again in burgundy for me!)


*Inadvertently, I found I could attach the brown Pocket Pouch to the other side of my slacks and put my phone inside – not too secure, but better than holding it for an entire walk’s duration. Now I have simply got to get the WoofHoof phone case!

Caveat: The treat pouches were purchased for review.

No comments:

Post a Comment