Do you have any of these medications in your house? (I know we do!) If so, be sure your dog cannot get to them!
1. Pain relievers (such as Advil, Aleve, Motrin, Tylenol)
2. Antidepressants (Zoloft, Cymbalta, Effexor)
3. ADD/ADHD medications (Ritalin, Vyvanse)
4. Sleep aids like Klonopin, Ambien, Lunesta
5. Muscle relaxants – Lioresal, Flexeril
6. Heart meds (e.g., Cartia, Cardizem)
The Pet Poison Helpline is available 24/7 to help save pet lives (fee: $35 per incident which includes follow-up calls) throughout the US, Canada and the Caribbean.
Check them out before you need to!
Read more about it:
www.petpoisonhelpline.com for a list of poisons and a guide to pet safety plus an iPhone App
(This article first appeared on the Maryland Patch websites on 13 May 2014.)