Saturday, August 29, 2015

EverythingDogBlog: Beware the Jogger - Final Words

Whatever Happened to Jogging Etiquette?


Years ago when I was in training for the Marine Corps Marathon, we were told to pass walkers on the left (like cars do) and announce our intentions beforehand by saying, “Passing on the left.” Bike riders often do something similar – perhaps that is why they have bike bells to ring!

Challenge to You

Therefore, I hereby challenge every jogger (runner and biker, too) to display a wee bit of etiquette and common sense, and announce to the person you are overtaking that you are approaching. Help prevent an accident! It’s just the right thing to do. Especially for the dog involved. Thank you.


I repeat: it’s the right thing to do.

Tomorrow: Even Dog Walkers can be Dangerous

1 comment:

  1. When I bike or run by a dog walker, I actually slow way down. I don't want to catch anyone by surprise or trigger a dog's chase instincts.

    ReplyDelete