The Twelve Dog Days of Christmas
Day Three: Christmas Collars
Just like last year, the best dog collars are still the Comfort Flex and Spiffy Dog collars for comfort and, from Planet Dog and The Good Dog Company, hemp collars for the environment as well as for softness. For the ‘preppie dog,’ nothing beats a stylish collar from Preston. From Maine to Colorado and into New England, here are my holiday choices for your best friend.
1. Comfort Flex makes lightweight collars in bight colors like Christmas green (below) for active sporting swimmerdogs (or raindogs)(or snowdogs). Quick drying. Lightweight comfort.
2. SpiffyDog Air Collars are another favorite of mine, especially the snowflake collar below (similar to the Confort Flex line). Watch the video here. And they have spiffy sales!
3. Planet Dog in Portland, Maine, has extremely soft collars made from hemp. And, while you’re on their webpages, check out the lovely ‘lab’s life’ video, A Day in the Life of a Planet Dog Dog.
4. The Good Dog Company out of Colorado started a hemp canvas line. I especially like the BFF design and the corduroy items.
5. If you have a preppy pup, you will love Preston collars, harnesses and leashes, available from Agatha and Louise, Purveyors of the Finest Dog Gifts and Accessories. And check out their collar flowers, too, like the Rose-Red below. How about a collar called Black Dog for your Black Lab? or Yellow Lab or Chocolate?here.
Tomorrow: Delightful DogBags